Everyone loves biryani! A plate full of flavorful biryani makes any occasion grander, and every tummy happier. Brought to the plates of India by the Mughals in the North and the Arabs in the South, biryani is one of India’s most cherished delicacies. North India seems to focus more on the vegetarian versions of biryani while the south has more non vegetarian varieties. In fact, South India boasts a wide variety of biryani recipes than any other part of the country.
If you’re on the lookout for mouthwatering biryani recipes, we’ve got a list of the best biryani recipes you should most certainly try out. Here it is:
1. Hyderabadi Biryani: This biryani certainly has to top the chart. The authentic hyderabadi flavor and aroma makes this a popular dish in the country. It consists of half boiled rice with layers of fried onions, meat, mint and it is cooked in dum style.
2. Keema Biryani: With aromatic spices combined with minced lamb and crunchy nuts, the keema biryani is an all-time favorite delicacy. Sometimes, rose water is also added along with dry fruits to enhance the freshness and flavor.
3. Awadhi Mutton Biryani: This is a biryani is a classical dish from the royal Awadhi kitchen and when cooked to perfection, it proves its royalty. In this type of biryani, the mutton pieces are cooked with fragrant rice. The meat is made succulent by marinating the mutton for a long time, then slow cooking it with an array of roasted spices.
4. Chicken Reshmi Biryani: The Chicken Reshmi Biryani consists of a pot of basmati rice cooked with many aromatic spices. The rice carries the hint of spicy chillies and makes for a great meal for those who love a proper dash of spice.
5. Calicut Chicken Biryani: The Calicut Biryani comes with an array flavors. Chicken marinated in yogurt, cooked with coriander, mint, cumin, aniseed, turmeric, lime, cloves and so much more makes it an intricate dish to serve but a great one to be able to relish when it’s done just right.