Chicken curry is one of India’s favorite dishes! From the south, right up to the north, you will find a hundred different recipes that have been handed down from generation to generation. But if you’re looking for the top 10 Indian Chicken Recipes, then you’ve come to the right place!
Here are the Top 7 Indian Chicken Recipes you should try:
- Amritsari Chicken Masala – This is one of Punjab’s favorite chicken dishes! It consists of boneless chunks oh chicken with rich and buttery gravy or cream, spices and plenty of tomatoes.
- Butter Chicken Masala – There cannot be a single foodie in India (non-vegetarian) who hasn’t tried butter chicken. That would be blasphemy. This iconic Indian chicken Recipe is made in different ways across India and is also known as chicken makhani. It was first cooked up at the Moti Mahal Hotel in Delhi, in 1950. It goes well with lentils or tandoor-baked flatbread. Butter, and chicken, what could go wrong?
- Tandoori Chicken – The tandoori chicken is a celebrity in India. People love tandoori foods and this dish tops the list. Marinated in a spice yogurt and then cooked in a clay oven. This dish takes Indians way back to a time when food was simple with complex flavor. With the right amount of turmeric, red chillies and pre made tandoori masala, the tandoori chicken should be your go-to dish if you’re looking for the best Indian Chicken Recipes to try!
- Chicken Tikka Masala – Tikka means small pieces, or chunks. The Chicken Tikka is a dish which consists of pre-marinated bits of chicken that are grilled and later added to a creamy gravy. The marinade contains spices and yogurt. The gravy is made from a traditional mix of Indian Spices with onions,tomatoes and a bit of cream for a smooth, rich finish.
- Mughlai Chicken – This thick and creamy chicken gravy was inspired from the food of Central Asia and came into existence in India under the rule of the Mughal Dynasty. This dish is ideal for special occasions, with its rich and decadent taste. It’s a royal dish for a grand occasion – and that doesn’t exclude sleepy sundays.
- Chicken Dhansak – This is a Persian and Gujarati recipe that combines vegetables, lentils, spices and meat and it gives your taste buds quite an experience.
- Chicken Saagwala – Last but not the least, is the Chicken Saagwala, a light curry dish that hails from Northern India. It is complete with pan-fried chicken, lots of flavorful sauce and combined with spinach. It’s healthy and tasty, making it one of the top 7 Indian chicken recipes you have to try!