Summers bring their own set of skin problems but nothing affects like a bad tan and skin burn. The harsh summer sun can cause your skin to look dull and lifeless. While a light tan might be ideal for some, for most Indian women it can set off an alarm to get back to the natural skin colour. Uneven tanning, with dark patches, can negatively affect your confidence.
A de-tan session in the parlour can help you reduce the visible tan, the chemicals used can be harsh for skin and not ideal for use every time. The best remedies for tan removal are the ones which can be implemented at home with basic ingredients.
Let’s have a look at some of these ingredients and how they can be beneficial for tan removal:
- Lemon- A natural bleaching agent, the juices in lemon are potent enough to remove tan with regular application. Take a slice of lemon and rub on affected parts and see the tanning improve gradually.
- Honey- A boon for skincare, honey has many benefits but it can be very effective in removing tan as well. It helps to soothe the skin if burned due to harsh rays of the sun while nourishing it from within. You can mix honey with lemon and let the two work magic in getting rid of tanning.
- Tomato- Rich in antioxidants, tomato can be directly applied on the skin or its juice can be mixed with other tan removing ingredients to make an effective home pack.
- Yoghurt- An effective ingredients readily available at home is yoghurt which can help you remove tanning quickly while softening and hydrating the skin. While it is effective on its own, due to the lactic acid presence, mix yogurt with lemon or tomato for a more potent combination
- Turmeric- Everyone is aware of the healing properties of turmeric from our granny’s home remedies book, but what many don’t know is that a face pack with turmeric can also help lighten skin. Mix turmeric with gram flour and yoghurt or milk to make a face pack for detanning.
- Cucumber- Known for its cooling properties, use cucumber juice or rub cucumber slices over tanned or sunburnt area to soothe the skin and see the tanning subside gradually.
- Potato- Another well known natural bleaching agent, potatoes are known for reducing dark circles around the eyes. This property of potatoes also make them effective in removing tanning. Use the juice or rub potato slices on the skin directly for good results. You can also combine the juice with raw papaya paste to make a home face pack for removing tan.