Dragon fruit, an exotic and vibrant fruit is a treat to the senses. But did you know that it’s also a warehouse of antioxidants, nutrients and other vitamins which benefits not only our internal health, but also our skin?
Signs of ageing, sunburn and acne can be healed with dragon fruit! It even works wonders when applied topically to inflamed skin. Dragon fruit for skin is mainly used by those who are looking for a fruit that makes the skin glow and a fruit that can reduce acne, while avoiding premature ageing simultaneously.
Here are different ways to use dragon fruit for skin:
- Soothe Sunburns – The vitamin B3 content in dragon fruit can soothe sunburned skin to a great extent and it provides instantaneous relief from itchiness, redness or inflammation caused by UV rays of the sun. It also protects the skin from other harmful rays of the sun.
- Dragon fruit for skin glow – The Vitamin C content in dragon fruit helps protect the skin against dullness and dryness. It leaves the skin feeling fresh, and looking rejuvenated. You can either apply the skin topically or drink a glassful of dragon fruit juice to maintain a healthy glow for your skin.
- Reduce acne – Applying dragon fruit topically to your skin will reduce acne to a great extent, owing to the Vitamin C content. As an antioxidant, dragon fruit prevents breakouts on your skin and ensures it is always healthy and glowing.
- Avoid premature ageing – With a poor lifestyle such as lack of sleep, poor diet, and sun damage, one can easily face premature ageing. Fine lines and wrinkles can be avoided by regularly applying the fruit to your skin. Take half a dragon fruit and scoop out the pulp. Make a smooth paste and add some yogurt. Apply the face pack to your neck and face. Leave it on for 20 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
Prevent free radical damage – radicals can damage cells and over time cause oxidative stress. This leaves the skin looking dull and dehydrated. Topical application of dragon fruit can prevent the same.
- Moisturize your skin – This fruit can act as a natural moisturizer as it has 80% of water, packed with essential vitamins and antioxidants that help the skin.
Use dragon fruit either through topical application or oral intake to get give your skin a healthy glow. Don’t miss out on the benefits of this exotic and miraculous fruit.