Dealing with menstrual cramps every month can be challenging for many women. Since every woman experiences different levels of pain and discomfort those periods, the level of care, prevention and cure can significantly differ. Here are some general ways of getting relief from menstrual cramps, pains and discomfort at home:
- Prepare in advance: What you eat in your normal day-to-day life can have an impact on how much discomfort or pain you experience during periods. To reduce inflammation and lower the pain avoiding certain foods before periods or taking them in moderation can help. These foods include ingredients made from heavy flours, sugars, alcohol, caffeine and fried foods. Instead you can include more of anti-inflammatory foods like tomatoes, bell peppers and blueberries.
- Drink warm chamomile tea– This calming tea has multiple benefits but when taking during cramps can provide instant relief due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It can also help you sleep better.
- Try these wonders– Some small ingredients, commonly found in the kitchen, can help reduce the cramps and soothe the pain in periods. Studies show that fennel seeds, dill, ginger and cinnamon are helpful during that time of the month and can be boiled with water or taken with food to show effects.
- Get your nutrients- Getting a dose of sunshine for Vitamin D can help you with menstrual cramps. Also taking multivitamins with Vitamin B1 and B12 along with fish oil can help your body deal with pain better.
- Work your body- Staying active everyday and working on your core can help you reduce the cramps during periods. Some women feel relief even while working out during periods with simple exercises like walking, jogging or stretching.