When we think of fitness, we often miss out the fact that exercising the facial muscles is as important as the other muscles in the body. Facial yoga is a form of exercise meant to improve firmness of the skin and tone the facial muscles for a brighter and younger looking face. Celebrities like Madonna,Cindy Crawford, Jennifer Aniston and Meghan Markle swear by the benefits of facial yoga and exercises in making the skin look firm, supple and youthful.
Facial aging is caused by the loss of muscle mass much like the overall body aging. Facial exercises can help with facial aging by reducing the appearance of lines and wrinkles. A study suggests that people who do facial exercises for 30 minutes daily, tend to have fuller cheeks and better skin suppleness than others who don’t do any exercise for the face.
Here are five best yoga exercises for the face:
- Blow out- Blow out air with full force while vibrating the cheeks and the lips. This helps relax any tension in the face.
- Chin Up- Stretch your neck and look up so that your chin is pointing at the ceiling. This stretch will help you prevent double chin and prevent lines around the neck. Repeat 2-3 time and hold the stretch for a few seconds.
- Laughing Lines- Make circles with your tongue around the mouth and cheek area, pushing the tongue outside. Do this motion multiple times clockwise and anticlockwise on both sides. This increases blood circulation around the laughing lines making them smoother.
- Fuller cheeks- Move your jaw on left and right, to give stretch to your cheek muscles. Hold for 10 seconds and repeat 3-5 times.
- Around the eyes- To prevent crow’s feet and wrinkles around the eye, pull your chin down towards the chest while keeping your face straight and trying to look up.